> Not an experienced photographer here, but I think one could:
> 1. Focus on the kids' faces.
> 2. Use shallow depth of field that blurs out the puce.

True, but my overarching point is that you can't get away from the colors
that are there in the world, unless the colors are what you are choosing to
photograph. I don't say that's necessarily a bad thing. It just *is*, is
all.

Some things don't work well in black-and-white, either. I love photographing
blondes in B&W, but I once photographed this girl who had strawberry-blonde
reddish hair and freckles, and she didn't look good at all in B&W.

Here are a few great books of color photography you might want to study:

Ernst Haas, _Color Photography_
William Eggleston & John Szarkowski, _William Eggleston's Guide_
Joel Meyerowitz _Cape Light_ (one of the all-time photography bestsellers,
by the way)
Eliot Porter, _In Wildness is the Preservation of the World_
Sam Abell, _Stay This Moment_
Ralph Gibson, _L'Histoire de France_

Other color photographers you should know include Shinzo Maeda, Sheila
Metzner, William Albert Allard, Marie Cosindas, Ragubhir Singh, Eve Arnold,
Paul Outerbridge, Jan Groover, and Alex Webb.

--Mike