----- Original Message -----
From: " W. Krasowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Is one f-stop worth thousands of dollars?

> Hello to everyone,

Hello Waldek:) It's nice to meet another PDML-er from Poland. Where are you
from?:) Let me invite you to http://www.pentax.osw.pl (unless, of course,
you already know it:))

> Another thing that makes me very surprised is that lenses as fast as 2,8
are
> thousands of dollars more expensive than 4,5 - is this one f-stop really
worth
> so much money? Especially when I can get this one "f-stop" buying faster
film.

This is an interesting point. Actually having a faster lens is worth extra
money but the question is if this have to be *so much* extra money. I think
the fastest lenses are destined to be sold to professional photographers
working for agencies or something - anyways to those who can easily afford
them. For us amateurs there are different lenses and if we want to have the
fastest stuff, we need to pay "professional" price:)
One of the application of having one f-stop extra is when we want to use a
teleconverter with a given lens and still be able to see the scene and focus
properly (or have enough light for the AF to work).
Regards
Artur

Chcesz oszczedzic na kosztach obslugi bankowej ?
mBIZNES - konto dla firm
http://epieniadze.onet.pl/mbiznes