Hi,

Monday, January 20, 2003, 5:49:06 AM, you wrote:

>>>At a recent camera club meeting some slides were
>>>shown in black and white, this caught my eye as
>>>I had not thought such a film was available?
>>>
>>>Is this the case? If so, how is this effect created?
>>>
>>It's probably a film called Agfa Scala.
>>

> Just to throw in my 2 cents, I love Scala. Shoot a couple of rolls and
> you'll swear off black and white neg.
> The big downside is that you can really only mail it off for
> development. Its not a process like E6 where you can get it developed
> same day if really needed.

I use Scala quite a lot and I really like it. I'm lucky enough to work
within easy walking distance of the lab that processes it, so if
necessary I can get a quick turnround on processing. The 2 major
downsides of Scala for me are 1) like any slide film, showing the
results to people is a drag and 2) it is expensive.

---

 Bob