At 10:02 PM 1/21/2003 +0100, you wrote:

I wonder if any of you have experiences of either the Sigma 70-300 f/4-5.6 Apo
Macro Super or the Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 LD 1:2 Macro AF lens - or preferably
both. Which do you think is better in terms of optical and build quality? They
cost roughly the same, but the Tamron's macro function can be engaged through a broader focal length range (180-300 mm), whereas the Sigma's is fixed at the
longest end. Any experiences?

I've got the Sigma lens and I like it but I haven't used the Tamron so I can't compare it. When using the macro, I'm usually shooting butterflies, dragonflies or something similar so I'd be at 300mm anyway. The only thing I don't like about the Sigma is the little switch to convert to macro. That's a bit of a pain in the butt.

Gary J Sibio
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.earthlink.net/~garysibio/

Time flies like an arrow.