Hi Graywolf,

on 23 Jan 03 you wrote in pentax.list:

>Heck, Doug, most of the folks from non-English speaking countries here on
>the list write English better than most of us from English speaking
>countries. I suspect that is because they learned formal English before they
>learned colloquial English.

I did learn English at school some years ago, but it is still much
easier to read and understand a foreign language than to express what
you are thinking. It simply takes more time to write a message in a
foreign language than in your native one. Because of this there are much
more occasions in which I want to write a reply than messages actually
written by me...

>I would also suggest that anyone who seriously corrects someone's writing
>publicly is insensitive, impolite, or deliberately obnoxious.

I would appreciate some feedback, sometimes. I often wonder if anyone
can follow my thoughts in English. But OTOH I might go under in
corrections...;-)

Regards,

Heiko from Germany

BTW: I like your journal very much and keep my fingers crossed for your
truck driver career.