JCO wrote:
Anybody here have any experience with RMC Tokina lenses? I think they are
late 70's issues. I searched the third party lens website
and they didnt make the 1600+ list. I've owned 3 of them and they were all
SUPERB ( believe it or not):
35-105 F3.5 Macro( sold it - stupid mistake)
28-85 F4 ( still have, fantastic except vignettes at 28mm end until you stop
it way down)
400 F5.6 ( pseduo-zoom type focus, excellent but no auto-manual switch)
Any other goodies they made in that series? Anybody have a list of them?
Really would be interested in a 20mm range lens if the quality was as good
as the other ones I owned.

JCO,
RMC stands for Rainbow Multi Coating. The 28-85/4 is, indeed, sharper to the
later 28-85 f/4-4.5 AT-X, though it is larger and doesn't focus as close.

According to Gary Schloss of the Olympus list, the RMC 400/5.6 may be the
best manual-focus third-party 400/5.6 made. Not as good as the Tamron SP
400/4, but it gave it good race.

Those are the only standout RMCs that I know of. Tokina;s old 17/3.5 says
RMC; at least one photo in my collection does. But it may be the same as
their bargain SL-17, which is no match for their later AT-X or the Tamron SP
17/3.5.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]