At this stage I suspect that many of us are clinging to the
(hope/feeling) that all of our old beloved gear and way of doing
things is not threatened.  So even though the trends and capabilities
of digital benefit us, it also starts to make me question the monetary
value of all my hard earned equipment.

A simple example was for me the other night.  I had to shoot a studio
shot of a formal dress to be used in a newspaper article.  Because of
the model (my daughter) and the business getting the article in (a
casual friend), I had the luxury of doing quite a bit of testing to
get what we really wanted.  I did about 80 shots with the Coolpix 990
testing lighting, poses, background, etc.  The final shoot was done
with the 67, but had I in my possession even a 6mp DSLR that could
work well with studio lighting, I probably wouldn't have used the 67.
The ability to get the instant feedback was so valuable.  I felt very
blind shooting the actual shots on the 67 (they turned out fine), even
knowing they would be of higher image quality.

Because of this experience and others like it, I feel that had I the
means to own a good DSRL (D60 or better) that I would probably not use
my beloved P67II like I do now.  It also makes me feel like the money
invested would be lost to some degree having to sell it at a
significant loss or just letting it sit there unused.  So there is
something deep inside that really wants my 67 to be much better than
the digital world to help justify my use of it.

Not sure if I am making much sense.  It just seems to me that the
issue is deeper than a purely subjective A is better than B type of
scenario.  This revolution stands to really wipe out (figuratively)
all our old cameras that we love so much.  Even AF and program modes
didn't have this impact.  So have of me is very excited and the other
half is very apprehensive.  Even at this stage, my 35mm film gear is
hardly ever used.  It is either the Coolpix digicam or the 67.  I only
use the 35mm when the Coolpix can't cut it (good flash, faster action,
low light) and the 67 is obviously the wrong tool.

Bruce