on 24.01.03 17:14, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
> I wonder how these tests are useful for us from the magazine. Nearly all 24mm
> lenses got less than 70 points out of 100. It seems that tele lenses get much
> higher notes than wide ones.
> Strange. SO maybe you are they are tested nearly full open.
> What do you think?
> And in this magazine Fa100/2.8 macro got very high mark - 86
> Well done Pentax
> And in US magazine it was only 6/10.Also strange. Are there any huge optical
> differences between the same lenses or just diff conditions of tests?
> Alek

Reading tests more and more in more places, I found them to be just
unreliable. For instance:
- according to Folorfoto MZ-S has one of the slowest AF among current SLR
bodies (just slightly faster than Dynax 404 and 505, and much slower than
MZ-3 and N*** F65...), the same test in FotoMagazine, and MZ-S has one of
the fastest AF (beting easily even F100, Dynax 7 and EOS3...)
- in FotoMagazin test MZ-S has quite poor matrix metering, in ColorFoto it
just got better - better than F100 or EOS-30 (which were far better in
former magazine tests...)
- standard zooms - according to ColorFoto FA 28-80/3.5-5.6 is far better
than FA 28-70/4 and what's more than FA* 28-70/2.8!!!
- long zooms - according to photodo, F 70-210/4-5.6 is undoubtly better
(3.4) than FA* 80-200/2.8...
... and so on, and so on.
I am just tired of this "mish-mash". The best way is to make tests yourself
- if the lens or body proves to be better for you rather than for testmen
than just get it and be happy!

--
Best Regards
Sylwek