Hi All,
I used to have Flektogon 20/2.8, Flektogon 35/2.4, Pancolar 50/1.8 and Sonnar 135/3.5
All were quitenice but I used old Practika with them and light meter was not very good
for slides. when I decided to change system for Pentax I sold everythink + exte, tubes
and Practika VLC3 which had interchangeable top like LX!!!
I have some problems with 20/2.8 since it was not justified.
All in all I decided to buy into one system.Sometimes I think I could not sell it it
is too late.
Alek

310 g, takes a 58mm filter, and has 6 elements in 5
>groups (like the Super Takumar and Pentax SMC 85/1.8s):
>
>Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:39:53 +0100 From: Frantisek Vlcek
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: favorite non-Pentax K mount lens? That's
>easy. It's the 1.8/80mm Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar. Superb lens. ( M42 only)
>... The 1.8/80 CZJ Pancolar is a gaussian design, probably very similar or
>same as Planar design. I do have this lens, and while the Multicoating on my
>sample is not as good as modern SMC (needs a lens hood still <g>), in normal
>light it is about as sharp as my SMC F 1.4/50 or just slightly less (at
>relatively same apertures - 1.4=1.8; 5.6=5.6). It's good wide open, and
>excellent even moderately stopped down. It should be as sharp or even better
><g> than all the portrait 80mm' Pentax made (xcept the new ones, A & FA
>1.4/85 of course). AFAIK it's same or very similar design to Pentax SMC-K
>1.8/85 (most those 1.8/80 lenses are of same, planar-derived design). Only
>drawback my sample is prone to flare from strong light sources."
>
>From http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/1999/msg01582.html: Hi Zuiko
>amateurs, This week I bought a new (used) lens, and while it's not a Zuiko,
>I just wanted to say what an amazing lens it seems to be. It's a
>Carl-Zeiss-Jena (east) Pancolar 80mm 1:1,8 with M42 mount. Because of a
>small dint at the front thread it costed only 200 DM (120 US dollar) instead
>390 DM. First
>slides taken with an aperture of 1:5,6 were great. Because there are no OM -
>M42 adaptors, which goes to infinity without an auxiliary lens, this message
>is somewhat off topic, but I think there aren't any M42 or Carl-Zeiss-Jena
>(east) discussion lists around where I could share this experience. Regards,
>Matthias.
>
>"Some of CZJ's lenses such as the "Pancolar" and "Flektagon" have their
>roots in pre-WWII designs ("Biotar" and "Distagon") for which CZJ could use
>the designs, but not the original trademark names due to court rulings about
>intellectual property rights." -- John
>
>http://www.astrosurf.com/buil/us/spe2/hresol.htm: The Pancolor 80_1.8 lens
>has a pupil diameter of 44.4 mm, which implies that there is no risk of
>vignetting in any part of the spectrum.
>
>A user of 80_1.8 and other CZJ primes wrote: "Superb. I know everyone says
>Pentax made the best M42 lenses but I disagree."
>
>From the Contax discussion list: "By the way I have bayonet mount practica
>lenses, Flektogon 20/f2.8 which is a very good lens Mayer 28/F2.8 not a bad
>lens at all Flektogon 35/f2.4 very very nice lens Pancolor 50/f1.8 very nice
>Pancolor 80/f1.8 ditto! Sonnar 135/f3.5 extremly nice lens Sonnar 300/f4 I
>do not use much, though good one and mayer 50/f1.8 CZJ 55/f2.8 MACRO lens
>(good lens) I would say these lenses have almost the same colour redention,
>which is very pleasing, and very small distortion. So I like them a lot, but
> [...]

Chcesz oszczędzić na kosztach obsługi bankowej ?
mBIZNES - konto dla firm
http://epieniadze.onet.pl/mbiznes