[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Keith the problem I see is that we are all to quick to put animals out of
> their misery. It's too damned easy to say hell just put a bullet in their
> head. With a little effort these animals can live a normal life.

With a little effort? What does that mean?
If you're talking about that particular doe, fine, I agree.
In cases where an animal is fatally wounded, speeding their demise is
the humane way.

> Maybe if we stop looking for the easy way out this world
> would be a better place...

Oh, I doubt it.
Maybe if some perspective were gained as to the place animals have in
the food chain, it would be a better place.
I don't think the country can afford enough vets to administer to all
the wounded animals in the wild. Or should, for that matter.
If a hunter does the wounding, it's imperative he put the creature out
of it's misery, as soon as possible. It's true, some don't, and that's
a disgusting commentary on hunters in general, but not
_representative_ of hunters in general...