> This is from Ed Romney's site:
>
> "An equal mixture of household ammonia and medicinal hydrogen
> peroxide applied
> with a  swab removes fungus from the glass of lenses. Mix
> just before using."

I'm not sure what the fungus lives on.  It must eat either the lens coating
or the cement between elements.  Does Ed Romney mention what the fungus food
source is?  I have heard that regular exposure to sunlight, like using the
lens, will prevent fungus.  I've also read that storing lenses in leather
cases can be responsible for fungus growth.

Len
---