I wondered that myself - I was familiar with Fotomat but did not know that they had an SLR line. The lens was designated "macro' and had macro-style magnification markings on the barrel, which is pretty distinctive for a 24mm.

- MCC

At 06:07 PM 2/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:40:23 -0500, Mark Cassino wrote:

>One was a Fotomat 24mm f2.8 macro. It was a pretty decent lens and focused

Hum, wonder if the brand was related to the FotoMat chain of processing stores that was around in the 70-80's. If so, that lens was made by Konica as that is the SLR and film line they carried. Their own "label" of film was also Konica and was excellent stuff....

Later,
Gary

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI