Alek, I find your constant questions about lens quality amusing. It's fun to
read the responses from everyone. Let me add mine. Here it is... Get ready
for it....
IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER... How's that for an opinion?
I'm a firm believer that all GOOD lenses (That includes 95 per cent of Pentax
lenses) Not necessarily GREAT lenses are capable of giving excellent results
under the right circumstances with the proper technique. Proper technique is
at least as important as the glass. I would hazard to guess that in many
cases proper technique is more important than the glass. Many will disagree.
Ignore them. I do.
Take pictures. Get comfortable with the lenses and cameras you own. Buy what
you can afford. Faster glass is not necessarily better than slower glass. It
costs more because one stop more light costs a lot more to create. Unless you
are shooting for National Geographic or something, who cares....
I've noticed more and more that people are using low-end digital cameras as a
benchmark for quality. You are already was ahead of them with an SLR and a
good lens.
Vic