Hi Keith,

on 07 Feb 03 you wrote in pentax.list:

>No, but it sure makes me sit up and take notice...
>If that's active pixels, it's only 25% more than the S version. I
>wonder if you'd actually notice that 25%?

I would prefer the 3MP version. You don't see any difference between a
10x15cm print from a 2MP or 3MP digicam. You will see advantages of a
4MP camera only when you make prints of 20x30cm or bigger or if you want
to make enlargements of picure parts. So 3MP are sufficient in most
times. Further more there are some disadvantages of a 4MP digicam:

- The CCD will be as small as that of the 3MP digicam. Because of this
the density of pixels will be higher, causing more noise in the
pictures.

- 4MP take longer to be processed, i.e. the camera needs longer to store
them on the memory card

- We will have to see, if the new lens is sufficient for a 4MP CCD or if
there will occur optical errors.

Cheers, Heiko