Should be fine. I have one 4x8 foot window that is covered with 2
layers of black plastic and a lot of gaffers tape. It's sold by B+H as
8 mil black out cloth, but I would suppose any thick black plastic
would *probably* work. I bought some similar material from Home Depot
to cover the carpet and it looks identical.

I can print during broad daylight w/ this setup.

Whatever you end up doing, you'll need to do a test to make sure the
space is light-tight before you start printing in earnest.

You probably have some b+w printing books that explain how to do
this - you want to use the same procedure you'd use to test safelights
with a little modification.

tv