I took a break from the list, but curiosity draws me back.  What news from
the rumor mill?

Image Stabilization.  I've spent some time with my brother's 500mm reflex
and 2x teleconverter and discover that 1000mm of telephoto can be very
difficult to hold steady.  That image stablization thing Canon had is
starting to seem like a good idea.  I understand from other rumors that
their patent has pretty much run out and other companies like Nikon are
working on image stabilized lenses.  Can we expect the same from Pentax,
or from a company like Vivitar that will make compatible lenses?

Digital SLR.  It's February, didn't I read here that they were going to
make an announcement this month?

--
"A nice adaptation of conditions will make almost any hypothesis agree
with the phenomena.  This will please the imagination but does not advance