----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Dayton"
Subject: Re: ChDImage about Pentax and PMA

> William,
>
> The one area that no one is addressing very well for the masses is the
> issue of storage.  Those same people who are not so computer savvy
> still need a way to move the files off the card and onto a CD or
> something.  I believe that is another failing of the home industry.
> Putting the card into a printer and printing is only half the battle.
> The learning curve is high for non-computer people to
> transfer/catalog/burn to cd, etc. If the labs come up with a cheap way
> to provide not only the prints, but the cd's as well, the masses will
> come.

I am pretty sure the digital ready labs can burn the files to CD, provided
the person is willing to pay a few dollars for the service.
I fear that most people just dump the memory card onto their hard drive,
thinking they are saving it.
We do a surprisingly good trade in copy prints from digital prints, in part,
I suspect for the aformentioned reason.

William Robb