I nudged this thread along to make a point.  All of the good Samaritans who think that
they are helping the members of the PDML with eBay posts may not be helping who you
think you are.  There are plenty of us watching eBay as part of our collecting hobby
and waiting to pounce on any bargains.  Last time, I had already passed on the bargain
that was posted and didn't pounce.  Next time, I may not be so generous or may not
have two of the items in hand already.  I'll guarantee you that if it is a high value
item going for less than 50% of street value, I'm gonna be looking at it!

My apologies to JCO.  I used him as an example of what he and I and others are doing
on eBay.  It is an open market and it is OK to bid, buy and resell.  It's called a
hobby because you really can't make money at it.  Ultimately, we are in it for the fun
of the hunt.  Posting the bargain to the PDML spoils that fun.

You can say that a 'needy' photographer may get more fun from a particular lens than a
collector or a 50/50% photographer/collector.  I think this is a poor arguement,
because a 'needy' PDML photographer has just as much access to the WEB and eBay as I
do on my dial-up telephone connection.  My position is, 'If you want bargains, you
should be willing to go out and work for them!'

After saying all this, I'll make an offer.  If you are one of those 'needy' PDML
photographers, drop me a line (OFF LIST, OF COURSE) on what one item you are really
looking for.  If I see one in the next month or so, and can find your return address,
I'll let you know via PRIVATE EMAIL where it is on eBay.

Regards,  Bob S.