Paul:

After seeing your post, I called the owner just now.
Apparently after I left the store, the guy behind the
counter pulled out some kind of special light.  When
he looked inside the lens, he said it is full of mold.
 He said it is basically a paper weight.  So,
tomorrow, I am getting the lens for FREE.  Now the
question is, is it possible to clean it?  Anyone have
any thoughts on who I could send it to?  Does Pentax
in Colorado do this kind of work?

Is it even worth it?  Is it too expensive to fix?  Can
it be done???

Thanks again for the help!
Steve, you could bring it directly to the repair shop. An experimented repairman might be able to tell you beforehand if it is uncleanable or cleanable with possible damage to the coating. In the last case, there is a good chance the lens will be performing fine forever. As Mike said, just let the sun shine through the lens once in a while to get sure fungus won't get back.

I would not have a zoom "defungused" as it is be too expensive but a "four groups" lens is usually easy to dismantle.

Andre