> Huh? Nothing preventing them to releadse them with Canon mount ether! The
> whole thing is about people claiming Pentax will abandon compatibility because
> they have released two lenses with limited compatibility. It is absurd. Theres
> no basis for any such conclusion. Pentax have released bodies with the same
> limitation years back and assming that every body thereafter would be equally
> crippled is equally nonsensical.

Pål,
When I first took over at _Photo Techniques_, we had a problem come up. We
had negotiated to get permission to use a particular picture on our cover,
and then we had to work through a number of production difficulties. We were
very close to our deadline when a disaster occurred--the proofs came back,
and the separator had made the image too small! It wouldn't "cover" the
cover. And we were out of time.

So the Art Director and I came up with a simple workaround--we simply used a
narrow red border around the entire cover, similar to the style used by
_TIME_ magazine. It looked okay, and it allowed us to use the seps we had.

Well, obviously this was just an expedient, a workaround, and a one-time
thing.

But after that issue came out, we got numerous letters from subscribers,
either complimenting us, or complaining about, our "new cover style."
Virtually all of the people who had bothered to write letters had assumed
that EVERY cover from that point onwards would have a narrow red border.

Needless to say, they were mistaken in that assumption....

Perhaps it is human nature to extrapolate.

<g>

--Mike