According to Carl Shipman's "How to Select & Use Pentax SLR Cameras" (HP Books, edition with 1980 as the last copyright date), the Pentax K1000 specifications are:

Magnification: .87 with 50mm lenses, life-size with 55mm lenses
Viewfinder shows 95% of the frame

The same book lists .88 with 50mm lenses and 95% of the frame for the K2 DMD, .95 and 92% for the ME/ME Super, .95 and 95% for the MX, and .85 and 92% for the MV-1.

Joe

At 07:47 PM 2/17/03 -0600, you wrote:
> I went straight to my Magic Lantern Guide for the K, M and Spotmatic
> series, and find the K1000 is in yet another one of their
> books...which I've not bought yet.  Hmmm.

Keith,
I'll save you the trouble: the coverage figure is not in there, either.