Alin wrote:

>   I still can't see where you drew your conclusions about K/M
>   incompatibility with higher models. After all, Pentax makes few
>   dollars from cutting off the mechanical coupling, but it does make
>   money from putting pressure on the customers to buy new lenses.

*ist is the highest level Pentax camera not to support K/M lenses. The
earlier ones (MZ30, MZ60, MZ50) were entry-level stuff but this is a
totally new design and I certainly hope Pentax hasn´t cut the crucial
corners in backward compability on the (rumored) higher models. Just the
thought of no K/M for a new mid-class camera made me a bit uneasy
especially when thinking about the Nikon F80/D100 pair.

On the other hand, I also second your comments on the mechanical meter
coupling. My initial reaction of "highly unlikely K/M support for the
DSLR" was a bit harsh, but we´ll just have to wait for PMA (or maybe a
bit longer) to get the facts. :)

  -Matti Eteläperä