Dear all,

My mistake - that's a relief!

I actually think I would prefer an mz-6 to this, unless I wanted to
retain a common interface with a digital.  Mind you, I have the Mz-S and
MZ-30, and while I would buy an ist or a 6 rather than the 30 today, I
don't think I will buy another film camera.  The MZ-S will do me for a
long time, and I cant remember the last time I needed the 30 - its
purely an emergency backup these days.
Well, changing MZ-S for *ist would be pure nonsense. It would be just like changing LX for a newer and better equipped P50 :-)

Regards
Sylwek
Agreed. Except the new 11-point AF system with cross-selector and superimposed display, I don't find anything in *ist that is superior to MZ-S. I am still quite uncertain about the performance of the new 16-zone metering system as Canon has demonstrated that more metering zones do not guarantee higher accuracy.

Of course, the situation will be much different if the new camera supports ultrasonic/image stabilization lenses.

Regards,

Henry Chu
19/2/2003