Instead of pushing down on the shutter button, you flick your finger
across the button.  The mirror will lock up and you are free to take
the picture.

Bruce

nmc> On Monday, Feb 24, 2003, at 17:22 US/Pacific,
nmc> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Before going too far in pursuit of the ideal body, you should see what
>> you
>> get with whatever gear you already have.  It sounds like you are just
>> getting in to this type of work, so you probably have a good deal to
>> learn
>> in terms of vibration control in general.  See how far you can take
>> that
>> with your existing body.

nmc> Thanks.  I currently have a ZX-M and in general think it's OK (wouldn't
nmc> mind more metal, especially on the lens mount).  I've heard mirror
nmc> vibration can be a problem, especially in macro with shutter speeds
nmc> around 1/15 (and guess which shutter speeds I usually end up at).
nmc> Also, it would be nice to have an extra body so I could shoot two
nmc> different kinds of film.  Given that I might have a chance to grab a
nmc> classic Pentax body with MLU this weekend, I figured I'd ask now lest I
nmc> lose a good chance.

nmc> Regarding focusing, despite what I've read about a split-image not
nmc> being useful for macro work, my experience has been just the opposite
nmc> (at least down to 1:1).

nmc> And for those that mentioned it, how exactly does the MLU trick work on
nmc> the MX?  From what I've read it sounds like a very nice body; lack of
nmc> MLU was the main reason I had dropped it from consideration.

nmc> --
nmc> David Barts
nmc> Portland, OR