Collin Brendemuehl polled:

> What was your first published photograph?

A mugshot of a friend [at the time - she's my partner now] for a research
paper she co-wrote for a chemistry journal.  It hardly counts because it
was her work, not mine, that earned the publishing in the first place!

The pic was just cropped out of a snapshot I took of her, using my point
& shoot at a party before the serious drinking started.  The camera was a
Pentax Espio 738.  This was a year or so before I got my first SLR.

I never was paid ;)

That was about 5 years ago.  I haven't been published since and I'm not
specifically looking for it.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/