> My question is this: based on the item description, would you tend to
think that this was a functioning camera?

They didn't function when they were current. I doubt if they have gotten better with age.

Aaargh! Someone's flaming my beloved Mirandas! :^)

Actually I have to agree at least partially. The dx-3 - the last Miranda - was apparently prone to problems, especially the early models. I have developed a very close relationship with the repair guy at Classic Camera in Biddeford, Maine as a result of my thing for Mirandas. He tells me that there is actually a pulley inside the dx-3! The reason I like that model is because it is a perfect size for me, with well placed controls. It handles beautifully.

OTOH, the Auto Sensorex EE is built like a tank, simple, solid, and easy to fix when it does go wrong.

Miranda lenses, BTW, are superb.
--
Steve
[EMAIL PROTECTED]