> >2. The competition for Pentax glass just increased 5-10 fold. That's if the D*ist
> >looks as good as it seems to and is priced right. In other words, it will probably
> >be a seller.
> >
> Which could also mean the value of your Pentax film cameras just took a
> nosedive... :-(

Or it can mean that Pentax is a few years behind its competitors (Canon,
Nikon, etc.)  This camera does not know more then some of the top
digital ones of the past two years.  (unless you are a Pentax fanatic
like many of us or own many Pentax lenses that you want to reutilize,
hence did not go for the competitor's model)

I will not go digital before 8-10 megapixels and 1 to 1 field of view
crop...  (and even then I will probably wait until the price becomes
half way decent, which probably means another model coming out)

(and of course it would have to be a Pentax)

But I really don't thik that the price of K and M series machines or the
LX took a nosedive though...