On Wednesday, Feb 26, 2003, at 14:20 US/Pacific, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Doesn't look any different than Nikon making those lenses for the APS
SLR's they did.  We are starting to seem as fickle as the stock
market.  I think we are over reading everything that Pentax does.

I know. Really now, K-mount lenses and bodies are _already_ less than 100% compatible: I've heard about old Ricoh lenses that will permanently jam into place on a new AF body, and the low-end Pentax AF bodies that won't take MF lenses. Nikon's F-mount likewise has places where compatibility breaks down. Neither stops either system from being, in general, wonderfully compatible. Just avoid the specific bodies and lenses that cause trouble!

And that's assuming the new lenses have less than a 24x36 coverage, which right now is pure speculation.

--
David Barts
Portland, OR