Treena Harp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I admit I don't know much about image stabilization, but I seem to recall
an
> article in Pop Photo that said the technology sacrifices a good bit of
> resolution to achieve its result. For any of you who have used IS lenses,
is
> that true, and to what extent?

Hi Treena,
It could be true, but a well designed optical scheme should be a winner even
with the stabilizer. One of the most reliable italian photographic magazine
tested some of the last Canon lenses with IS (one was the 300/2.8 if I
remember well) and the results were simply astonishing... They are better in
any extent than the previous, non IS, models.
They are cheaper too...

Gianfranco