My inbox is overflowing with messages from the PDML,  even more than usual.

It seems a war has broken out over the *ist D.

One faction seems to love it, and promises to buy it if it is reasonably priced.  This
is strange, as no one has actually seen this camera yet, and the last DSLR announced
by Pentax never reached the market.

The other faction hates the camera, because it isn't perfect and isn't all things to
all photographers.  This is strange, because most of us have been praying for a DSLR
that can used exicting Pentax lenses, and this one does it.  While it may not be the
ideal digital camera for every
purpose, at least it would get Pentax into the DSLR market and open the way for more
K-mount digital cameras.

As for me, I think that, on paper, the *ist D looks very interesting and promising.  I
just hope that it isn't vaporware, like the last Pentax DSLR.

Dan