Pentax Clover wrote:

> AS 300mm f/:4.5, the F version is
> better than the FA !!! (really !!!)
> Or the 85mm f/:1.4, the FA version
> is the best 85mm in the world compare
> to anyone else. But the 85mm f/:1.4 A
> is not as good (old formula)

I'm not so sure about that, but I don't pay much attention to
autofocus lens tests or discussions, and may, therefore, be out of
the loop, as it were.  Before claiming any lens is "best", it might
be a good idea to define your terms.  Some characteristics to
consider are, in no particular order of importance, build quality,
color rendition, sharpness, contrast, resolution, bokeh, micro
contrast, off axis rendition of the image, and so on.  So, in what
way, or ways, is the FA85/1.4 better than the A*85/1.4. Feel free to
use other criteria besides those mentioned above.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]