I am thinking of getting a small flash for travel together with the LX.
There is  really small one called Sunpak 2000A Softlite, that seems nice,
no TTL however. Would the Pentax AF220T be a better solution?  Could it
perform the same 'fill-flash'-tricks on an LX?

Peter Smekal

It depends on what you plan to do with the flash. To have the possibility of using TTL flash with the LX is something that would be important for me as I always can be tempted by some macro shots in low light situations. The smallest Pentax units to do so are the AF200T and the AF220T. The 220 cannot be used in auto mode and cannot take the wide-angle (and tele) diffuser and also cannot be used in lower power outputs on manual modes (TTl flash supersedes the need for this feature). The AF200T appears nicer to me.

I'd suggest the AF280T as a ~nifty~ hotshoe flash for the LX.

Fred

I think the 280T would be too big as you said you wanted a "small" flash. It's 125g more heavy and is bigger but you can move the head 15 degrees down for macro shots, a nice feature if you are really close to your subject. Another option is to use the 200T with an off-camera cable for these occasionnal close-up shots. (This is the way I will travel.)

If you don't mind about easy macro shots wit flash, the 2000A is just the best traveling flash you can find. I only have the 1600A and am impressed. Where do you find the 2000A?

Andre