Cotty wrote:

> Okay, here's some ammo to those who highlight DSLR depreciation and the
> 'must keep up' aura that permeates the electronics/photo markets.

It's only depreciation, if you have the desire to have the very latest
camera. If you are happy it does what you want, why change?

Deprecation depends on your viewpoint on the product. Here we are talking
cameras, and in the majority (?) of cases here it is hobby money. I have a
local friend who would be horrified at losing a few hundred pounds to
upgrade a camera to the latest model, yet he is quite happy to throw
thousands away to have the latest car every year. I am sure most of us have
similar examples.

> What has this to do with Pentax? If you buy the Pentax DSLR this summer,
> then the summer after, maybe later, you will be confronted by a similar
> situation - and the feelings engendered are very interesting to say the
> least. A sort of 'oh no I don't want to be left behind' fretting,
> countered by a 'crickey - all I want to do is make some nice snaps and
> this is all a load of bollocks' reality, ending up with a 'well I'm doing
> just fine and I'm not going to let this hype get to me' cosiness.....
>
> Food for thought.

Why are you going to worry if you buy the Pentax DSLR :-) If you buy the
first model, it will be because you wanted to buy it. If you sit and wait,
will you buy the second generation, the third.........?

If you buy the first DSLR, and it does, as you say, what you are happy with,
why worry......

Malcolm - cameras and amateur radio gear 20+ years and going, car
replacement date c. 2010.