It seems to me that I should believe Boz's speculations more than what Pentax officially writes. Still I will check the *ist IN REALITY in a few days....

Arnold

Hans Imglueck schrieb:

Hi Arnold,

I saw it. It is in the PDF-File. So the *ist is not compatible
with K- and M-lenses. Hopefully the *ist D is!

Best regards, Hans.

--- Arnold Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I can see the page and have seen it before but I can see no such information.

Arnold

Roland Mabo schrieb:

Hi gang,

According to Pentax Germany and the press information PDF (http://www.pentax.de/pentaxeurope/pentaxeurope_prod/pentaxeurope/v2/de/photo/newsArea/news/PENTAXistA/prod.html), the *ist is only compatible with KAF2 (no power zoom), KAF and KA. Not K-mount. This means that the *ist has the same compatibility as MZ-60/30/50. It lacks a mechanical coupling of aperture. But it can take photos with K-mount lenses (if programmed from a Pentax Function), but it can't meter with them.

This information was released March the 3rd and seems to be the latest, so I believe this information is quite reliable.

In a sense, this is a logical move since the *ist is entry level (replaces the MZ-60, MZ-7 and MZ-6). I believe that the two more upmarket models (the replacement for the MZ-3/5n and the MZ-S) will feature KAF3 with full backwards compatibility.

Best wishes,
Roland

Skaffa fler messengerkontakter - Vinn 10.000 i resecheckar! http://messenger.msn.se/promo

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get [EMAIL PROTECTED] w/No Ads, 6MB, POP
& more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag