I still believes in KAF3 mount in the *ist D, the one that they will produce. Pentax has *not* said what the lens mount type is. They claim "KAF" for the filmbaed *ist, they have given *no* information of the mount on the *ist D. Why? Probably because they're still working on it. I believe they put a mount on the *ist D only for display purposes. The KAF3 might not be 100% ready yet. I believe that Pentax wish to keep KAF3 as a secret until the camera is ready to be released in it's final form.

Best wishes,
Roland

From: Alin Flaider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:22:50 +0200

  Well, today I took one hard look at the lens mount picture, trying
  to figure if there's the slightest difference from the KAF mount, and
  if not could a new mount go away with the existing KAF contacts?

  Any of the supposedly new KAF3 features - electric diaphragm
  actuator, IS or USM - requires electric power to some degree. It
  needs a significant amperage just to be able to close the aperture
  blades. Now the *ist D mount lacks the gold plated power zoom
  contacts from KAF2 that would have empowered the above functions, so
  it has to do with what's left. Of the remaining contacts, only one
  is gold plated - the so called "AF contact" and this one is employed
  for the digital protocol transmission between lens and body, and
  while digital communication is possible over power lines, I
  seriously doubt Pentax would choose such a clumsy solution. All
  the other are simple electric contacts, none gold plated, none
  capable to sustain reliable electronic signals, so much the less
  to deliver electric power. They're here obviously only to form the
  KA part of the mount.

  So the sad conclusion is the *ist D is, at least at this prototype
  stage, nothing more than a bland KAF camera. No IS, no USM, not even
  electric diaphragm actuator. Possibly no mechanical coupling for K
  mount, but this is not obvious, not from these pictures. This camera
  brings no new lens technology and it may very well be incompatible
  with old lenses. So what is it? The first of a new glorious series,
  waving the smallness as its unique attribute? Just another poor
  man's option? Either thought is horrifying.

Skaffa fler messengerkontakter - Vinn 10.000 i resecheckar! http://messenger.msn.se/promo