Hi
I also believe that USM and IS is huge advantage when new buyers want to buy sth.and
shop-assistants also advise them to choose Canon for such a reason-fast, silent and
many pros use it and lots of people want to have what pros have. They just see what
camera makers are very popular where there is any match, concert, meeting etc and they
see C/N mostly so the know these brands. How many of people know that Pentax has great
MF cameras?...much less than that Canon/Nikon are mostly chosen by pros and they can
see it.
Even if PEntax releases USM/IS it would be very difficult to enter a pro market. They
have not camera like F5/1V and as good reputation. And advertisement. But if they
introduce new technologies,there is a chance to have bigger share in the market
Alek