Thanks for keeping politics off of the list...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 7:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: THE FRENCH

I seem to recall the French doing you guys a lot of favours way back
in the 18th century, and didn't Franklin and so on spend a lot of time
there? Will you be sending back the Statue of Liberty?

With friends like ... You don't need ......
Let's see. The French wanted to get rid of Lafayette so they sent him to us.
Thank goodness. He was an asset. Possibly the last French asset. Yes, they
arrived to blockade at Yorktown. We had already won.
WW I? no comment
WWII? What was that French town they renamed their government after.
The brave Brits fought tooth and nail against some of the most horrific
weapons Hitler could mount. The French? Well, lets see, they "came to terms"
with the occupying Germans.
But lets NOT forget all that past help. Also remember that NY sewer known as
the UN. A third world sewer populated, mostly, by rejects from the world's
diplomatic corp.
Yes, we Americans have friends in this world. But, the French never were or
never really will be any of them. Blame it on envy; dislike of America's
culture or plain anything. Never liked them before; don't like them now.
G-D bless the English speaking nations of the world.
When you judge America ask yourself one question: Where would the world be
without a United States of America?
Burt
NYC
USA