> Might be that the minimum focus distance of your eye is better than that of
> your M42 50mm. Sounds like a cool project, though.

Urf.  In a way that the extension tube wouldn't help with?  (With no
extension I couldn't get a recognizeable image, nor with a longer
extension, but with 12mm extension behind a 50/1.4, it was clearly
an image of the scene it was pointed at, and that "point of least
blurriness" came with the lens focused to about 1m.  But like I said,
it never got sharp.)

Is there another aspect of minumum focussing distance that I'm not
grokking?  (I could try adding a tube in _front_ of the lens, moving
the peephole-thingie further away...)

                                        -- Glenn