OK.  Since I do not have one of these *ist-Ds I need someting to scan my
pics with :))

Unfortunately I am an extremely busy person (grad-student who has to
read 4-5 books a week) I cannot sit by the darn thing and do it frame by
frame...

Is there a machine out there that will scan all my color or bw
negatives, positives on a film if I just feed it the end?  I don't care
if it takes forever as long as I will have 24-36 TIFF files afterwards
that I can mess with...

Any advice for me?

thx

PS: I have another issue.  I use Linux.  Does anyone have experience
with Linux compatibility of film scanners.  Any input would be
appreciated...