On szo, 2003-03-22 at 02:00, Levente -Levi- Littvay wrote:
> > There are a couple of low cost options. HP makes the Photosmart s20xi and
> > Pacific Images has the 1800afl and the prime film 3600. The HP has 2400PPI
> > scans and costs $199. The P.I. 1800AFL scans at 1800 PPI and costs $299. The
> > P.I. Prime Film 3600 scans at 3600 PPI and costs $469. All prices are US$
> > B&H Photo. None, I believe, got rave reviews, but depending on what you want
> > to use the scans for, may be very adequate for your needs.
>
> Butch
>
> Thanks for the info.  The HP only scans 2-5 at a time.  But these
> Pacific Images sounded VERY GOOD.  Batch scans up to 40 images....
> wooow.  Then I read reviews and Nobody was able to say a good thing
> about it :((
>
> Does anybody else make a full film strip scanner for home use?  (for
> home use price :))

While doin' more research I cam across the Kodak RFS 3600.  That one can
also scan entire 36 frame stips and used units are available on e-bay at
a bearable price...

Any experience with this unit?  Most reviews say it's good, someone
complained about it being tough on the negatives... (scratching)

Any info on this, or others is still apreciated.