On March 22, 2003 04:56 pm, Peter Jansen wrote:

> Well said Artur. Like I mentioned earlier, unless the
> latest and the greatest can improve your photography
> immensely, then???

        Depending on what you're doing "latest and greatest" varies from a big yawn
to essential. For me it's all a yawn. I've got a camera with 22" of bellows
draw that I can stick a pretty big lens on. All it needs is a heavy old
fashion tripod.  When it comes to the 35mm world all those added features are
just added wasted weight for me. If you need them you need them. I don't.
I've no need. No interest. I don't understand the need for people  to convert
others. Use what fills your needs. If that's not enough use what excites you.
BUT understand different people have different needs,wants,fetishes.

        Nick