The mount on the russian lens is sort of fixed T-2 adapter, if your are
talking about a MTO (The Rubinar has a fixed mount and can be bought in
K-mount, but has a lesser build quality). So you can change the mount with
some precision screwdrivers. Be aware the a 600 and a 1000mm are completely
different lenses and can't be compared with each other.
Making nice pictures with a 600mm is difficult. Making pictures with a
1000mm depends on the weatherconditions, when its hot you get trouble with
turbulence in the air. For a 600mm you need a sturdy tripod. For a 1000mm
you need an enormously heavy tripod(and therefor expensive), thats why
Pentax delivers the 1000mm takumar complete with a big and very expensive
tripod. Handholding a 1000mm is only for transportation not for
picturetaking.
Also you can't use camera's with prismahouses like the MZ-5n on a lot of
these lenses because of the size if the lens. An MTO is more forgiving than
a Rubinar which is a lot flatter. I couldn't fit a MZ5n to a Rubinar 1000
but could fit it to a MTO 1000mm
The tripodcollar on the rubinar 1000mm seems a nice feature, compared to the
fixed onces on the MTO, but there is to much play in it to be any good as a
tripodmount.
Another good option is a 5.6/500 rubinar, that one has a nice tripodcollar.
And can be used with a monopod.
Don't glue the adaptor to one of these lenses for mounting speed. Mounting
them on your camera will still be a slow and heavy job. You mount the camera
on the lens instead of the lens to the camera.
If this is your first extreme telelens than buy something in the 500/600
region and use a 2X convertor if you need the reach of the 1000.
I have the 8/500 and 10/1000 MTO and the 5.6/500 rubinar. They all have
there own purposes.
One other thing you need a camera with a good groundglass, because your
finder will be dark and there is no real depth of field with these
focalpoints.

René van Ginkel