--- William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
Tanks, at least the Abrams, (and some modern cameras),
utilize reinforced, injection molded "plastic" in
their construction. A significant amount of the Abrams
armor and crew cab is "plastic". Thus, some camera
makers have taken to "armoring" their camera bodies,
utilizing some of the same principles and construction
techniques as found in the Abrams. But you knew that,
right?<BR>You can't expect (I most <I>certainly</I>
would not) expect wood, not for wood's sake, to be
able to perform the same function in one or another
creation if the manufacturing techniques and purposes
for its use weren't somewhat similar; or would
you?<BR>Raimo's pejorative reference to “plastic” is
what I responded to and had to do with the use of the
word itself: "plastic." My comment thus was intended
to make note of how effective modern plastics are and
how they are being, and can be, utilized. Here's an
even more oblique reference to the use of "plastic":
one of the world's most sought after handguns is a
Glock, itself almost entirely made of "plastic."
<BR>The word "plastic" has and too frequently is used
to denote "cheap" or "not strong" or "frangible", even
“tacky” or “soft.” I assure you, the "plastic" in the
Abrams, Glock, Canon, Nikon, even some Pentax bodies,
refute the too often negative use of the word.<BR>
*Some of today’s youth wear T-shirts that say: "You
say the word "B***h" as if that's a bad thing." <B>The
same goes for people using the word "plastic" as if
all things “plastic” are bad, weak or suspect.
<BR>I’m wondering what puritanical values you adhere
to if you could find something “offensive” in my
words: “the most lethal most ruggrd(sp) tank in the
world,”? <BR><I>Is it because the phrase and reference
is true, or because you personally dislike machines of
war</I>... or what?

=====

 Ed

  I get it done with YAHOO! DSL!