Some of the wide angle lenses have a setting to where if you line up the
color coded f stop with the same color coded  distance mark, you get the
assurance that everything from (something like) 3 feet or so to infinity
will be in focus.
I think it was a feature to allow manual focus lenses to be "left alone" and
the photographer would be reasonable assured most of his photos would be in
focus.
Sid