From: Bruce Rubenstein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: March 24, 2003 6:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Hand Meters

This is not correct. A reflected light meter (the one in the camera,
spot meter, etc.) is calibrated on the assumption that 18% of the light
striking a subject is reflected. Any subject that reflects more, or
less, light will give an incorrect meter reading. The most accurate
metering is done with an incident meter that measures the amount of
light striking the subject. The drawback of an incident meter is that
you must place the meter where the subject is, or in identical light. If
you go to the Sekonic site they have a good tutorial on metering.

BR