What I discovered yesterday was that if the MEII winder is in "S" mode and
the shutter isn't cocked, it simply winds the film on and cocks the shutter.
This suits me perfectly as I can continue to use the (much quieter) camera
shutter release, and then wind/cock using the MEII.
My only concern is that I'm in some way damaging the camera, as this is
obviously not what the winder was intended for. The instructions are no
help, as they don't mention this in the "precautions" section.
Does anyone else use their winder in this way?

I used to have the ME II Winder and Super A/Program. I think this is normal and I don't see how this could damage either device.

regards,
Alan Chan