On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Andy Harbin wrote:

> "...not ... well suited for shooting finer images."  I think is the
> exact opposite to the limited range.  Also, no aperture control?  What's
> up with that?

I think Rob was kidding about the Limited competition, Andy.  :)  Pentax
is putting out ultra high-quality metal lenses, and Nikon brings out
cheap, one-step-above-plastic-elements lenses.  At the same time, they
*do* look like they'd be fun, inexpensive lenses for beginners to use.
They won't care about the quality loss, and will get a change to try out
focal lengths that they'd never be able to afford otherwise.  Not a bad
idea, IMO.

chris