> But, how is the metering system activated? Isn't it by pressing the shutter
> button? And it stays on for 10 seconds.

Half pressing the shutter release button will activate the metering
system, LCD display etc, or alternatively you can press the AV button
adjacent to the shutter release button.

Also rotating the "select dial" or I have just found out pressing the AE
lock button will activate the metering system etc.

The metering and LCD displays will remain active for the time you are
operating either the "select dial" or any of the other alternative
buttons, once you remove your finger from either dial or buttons the
display etc,  remain active for a further 10-seconds before switching
off.

Harry

Harold Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>