Alan,

I'm not living in Japan, so I can't help you with what you asked for. But just a suggestion. Have you tried with Pentax US or some European one. They might be more easy to deal with.

cheers,
caveman

Alan Chan wrote:
Okay ODML members, this will be my last attempt to ask for help to buy some parts for my brand new FA31/1.8 LIMITED lens (unfortunately). Since here in Canada, they don't have parts for this lens (they don't even know they were selling it), it would be great if someone from Japan might contact Pentax Japan directly and just buy some parts from them (supposed they should have all the parts available instantly). Everytime I contact Pentax Japan they just refered me back to the Canada office so there is nothing I can do. If anyone could help, pls contact me. The parts won't be expensive so I could either pay in US$ cash, PayPal or trade some accessories that I have (if you found them worthy). The parts that I need included:

1) 'A' button for the aperture ring. http://www3.telus.net/wlachan/A_button.jpg
2) a set of lens mount screws (5 pieces) for this lens
3) a set of lens mount screws (5 pieces) for FA*200 or FA*300/4.5 lens (slightly longer than the FA31 screws)

Anyone? :-)

regards,
Alan Chan