Hi!

I am given the opportunity to buy this lens for about $100 (in local
currency <g>).

It goes as follows:
1. I'd get circular polarizer and UV filter and also a hood for this
lens.
2. The lens is K-mount with AF that works very find with MZ-5n that I
could handle yesterday.

Unfortunately the previous owner (my co-worker, what a strange notion
just before very recently <g>) admits that the lens once fell on the
ground and had to be fixed. The damage was to the focusing ring so
that the lens couldn't focus because the ring was somewhat flabby. The
owner fixed that (I suppose himself) and by now it works good. The
only effect, according to him, of this event is the paint rubbed off
some inch or so off the focusing ring. You know, like a big scratch.

It also can go as short as 18 cm from the object giving 'macro' up to
1:4 factor. So Sigma designates it as macro lens. It is also multi
coated.

I took few shots and of course I intend to take this lens for the
ride.

Is it a worthy lens for this kind of money? I realize proper Pentax
optics would cost few times as much. And I really liked the angle.

Please advise. I would especially appreciate comments from owners of
this very lens.

Thanks in advance.

---
Boris Liberman